Saturday, December 26, 2015

Rest

Lately I have been so tired. Tired in every aspect of the word. I am drained emotionally, physically, and my spirit within me is exhausted. This happens so often, and every time I find something to blame it on. The holidays, school, work, just life in general can make me tired. But when it comes down to it, I need Jesus. The only way I will receive rest is through Him.

In Mark 6:31, Jesus has compassion on His disciples and tells them, "come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." 

Ah, friend, read that verse again. Read it a hundred times and let the compassion and grace that is tangled in the words sweep over you.

Jesus asks four things of His disciples in this verse:

1. "Come with Me..."
    Me and Me alone. I am calling you to simply and surely come. Trust in Me, oh child, follow Me,         and come.

2. "by yourselves..."
    No distractions. No one else. I long for YOU. 

3. "to a quiet place..."
    I want to spend time with you. Just you and Me. I don't want loud and noisy distractions. I want the     solitude and stillness of your heart. Come, I will quiet your soul.

4. "get some rest." 
    You are too busy thinking and doing. Stop believing the lie that you have to perform to win My           love. I long to give you rest, weary one. I am gracious and compassionate, and in My eyes you will     find the rest that you so desperately need. 


If this is you, if you are tired and weary from whatever life is throwing at you, I pray that you will find the rest that you desire in the loving arms of Jesus Christ. Find peace, find joy, find His all-consuming love and just simply rest! He longs for you to come today.

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28 


xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment