Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Winter Promises

"As the rain and snow 
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and 
bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I
sent it."

{Isaiah 55:10-11}



It was snowing big fluffy flakes this morning when I awoke. I have always loved snow, but for some reason it made me especially joyful this morning. Then I thought of this passage of scripture. Oh what comfort!! What peace it brings to my feeble little heart to know that ALL the things that leave the Lords mouth will not return to him without victoriously achieving its purpose! We serve such a thoughtful, intentional God!
I am so very thankful for his promises that rain down on us beautifully like the snow.



xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment