Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Yesterday, Today, Forever

God never ceases to reveal new things to us. I find that rather amazing. It's as if we, small little Christians, read a section in the Bible and instantly come to the conclusion that we know everything there is to know about our Creator. I can just hear God giving a great big "hah!".

For quite a while now, He's been showing me small bits of His unfathomable power. A new angle at which to gaze into His glory. This is what He has been revealing:

He is the same God that visited Adam and Eve in the garden. 
He is the same God that comforted David in all his ups and downs.
He is the same God that kept Noah and his family, along with the animals all safe.
He is the same God who told Hosea to return to his wife over and over. 
He is the same God who turned the evil, Christian slaying Saul into the man that spread the Word to thousands.
He is the exact same God that rose Jesus on the 3rd day. FROM THE DEAD (that still blows my mind). 

And that same God is working in me.

 It takes my breath away. Why do I worry? Why do I fear? Why do I sit and ponder upon the things of the world when the power of Christ is in me?! ME the girl who lies. ME the girl who in anger lashes out. ME the girl who compares herself to other people, failing to trust the power of God's work inside of her very being! 
I will never understand.
But thank you, Father. Thank you for being the same God.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." -Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment