Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Morning with my Father

I see a dad singing with his young daughter on a stage. She is shy, even a little scared. He pulls her close into his arms, singing right along with her. The simple, familiar words ringing true: "Jesus loves me, this I know."

I see a father weeping from the abundance of love and pride for his little girl. She has decided to accept Christ into her heart and follow in baptism. He embraces her, his love for her growing by the second. In his heart he knows that this precious child is a gift from above.

I see a dad twirling his daughter around and around as she grips his fingers. Her dress spins, her soft curls bounce, and the little girl throws her head back in a soft laugh. The dad watches, eyes sparkling and heart swelling with joy.

And all at once I am overwhelmed by the sudden realization.

This is how my Father loves me.

My Father draws me close, singing His truth over me tenderly.
My Father is overjoyed when I choose Him, pride and joy ringing in His heart.
My Father delights in bringing me joy, seeing me laugh, and dancing with me each step of the way.

THANK you Lord for being our Father. 

"Yet you, Lord are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." -Isaiah 64:8

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" -1 John 3:1

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom." -Luke 12:32

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." Psalm 68:5

No comments:

Post a Comment